April 13 – Palm Sunday
Worship at 9:00 AM, 11:15 AM, and 6:10 PM
April 17 - Maundy Thursday
Worship at 11:45 AM and 7:00 PM
April 18 - Good Friday
Worship at 7:00 PM (Faith Center Gym)
April 19 - Easter Vigil
Worship at 8:00 PM (Faith Center Gym)
April 20 - Easter Sunday
The Gathering Worship Service at 9:00 AM
Easter Breakfast served from 10:00 – 11:30 AM
Easter Bunny Pictures from 10:00 – 11:30 AM
Separate egg hunts will be announced
Heritage Worship Service at 11:15 AM
6TEN Worship Service at 6:10 PM
Welcome to the 20th year of Faith Camp – “Into the Wild!”
June 9 -13 “The Call of the Wild!” (Moses faces his fears as God gives him faith)
June 16-20 “King of the Wild!” (Stretch your comfort zone through the jungle of Jesus’ last week on Earth)
June 23-27 “Born to be Wild!” (Come walk on the wild side as we walk through stories in the book of Acts)
- Faith Camp is a 3-week Day Camp that is led by teenagers and mentored by adults
- For all kids who complete Kindergarten – 5th Grade in May 2014
- $130 per child / per week ($10 Discount before April 1, 2014)
- The camp day is from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Before Care is available from 7:30 AM for $35 per week / After Care is available until 5:30 PM for $35 per week ($60 per day for both)
- Faith Camp is an action-packed week of music, games, arts, crafts, snacks, and fun – all relating to the Bible story of the day
- Friends are welcome and those who have never been to Faith Camp before will give you a $5 credit
- Faith Camp is staffed by teenagers and mentored by adults
- Youth who complete 6-8th Grade in May 2014 and are hired, will serve as Support Staff (volunteer) as student leaders in training in all aspects of Faith Camp.
- Teens who complete 9-12 Grade in May 2014 and are hired, will serve as Paid Staff. These student leaders are the heart and success of Faith Camp.
- Up to date information is on our Facebook page (Faith Camp Bellaire, Texas). Just ask to join the group!
Click to watch our live web stream on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM and 11:15 AM Central Time!
Book Drive Benefiting
Cunningham Elementary School
Sunday, May 4
The Faith Elementary-School-Families Service Project needs your help in providing very gently used or new books to students at Cunningham Elementary! It is our goal to send each child home for the summer with his/her own book to enjoy! Given that 75% of the Cunningham students are English Language Learners, “picture books” are most appropriate (as opposed to children’s “chapter books” that contain few, if any, pictures).
Please bring books and/or a cash/check donation (write “book drive” in memo line) to the table in the Fellowship Hall during the coffee time between services on Sunday, May 4. THANK YOU for being a blessing and helping this cause!
Questions? Contact Jennifer Cross at email@example.com.
The Spring Season of Learning begins with Launch Day on Sunday, April 27, 10:15 AM.
It’s that time of year again to visit the Taco Truck and get to work in small teams around the church. It’s only 75 minutes – but it makes a big difference. Please dress down on this day and plan to be a part of the fun. There are projects for all ages and abilities! Please bring work gloves and, if you have them, tree trimmers! For more information please contact Jennifer Finley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, April 26, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Faith Lutheran Day School is organizing a garage sale to raise funds for their playground improvements. These funds will help to remove the sand, install a new playground surface, and shade sails to protect children from the summer sun. Here are two ways you can help:
1. you can donate $25 to buy a table and sell your items or
2. donate items to the Day School to sell. If you have large items that you need help transporting, please contact Chunli, Garage Sale Coordinator at 713.218.9550 or email@example.com.
Faith Family Talent Show
Friday, April 25, Dinner at 6:45 PM
Talent is a Relative Term. EVERYONE is welcome to join us for a night of fun and entertainment. Please note:
- The show is limited to the first 25 acts
- If you need music, it must be requested / submitted to Clayton in the church office NO LATER than Sunday, April 20
- All music must be “Karaoke Version” (no vocals)
- All acts need to be 4+ years old (younger kids will be invited up to sing the big finale)
- Sign-up on the Poster in the Fellowship Hall
Have questions? Contact Wendy Farner 713-252-8366.