Send us an email for more information or to sign up.
Each fall, the Christian Community Service Center (CCSC) distributes grade-appropriate school supplies and a voucher for a new school uniform and shoes to children from low-income families. In 2018, more than 6,000 children benefited from the Back to School program.
Faith Lutheran Church will host the 2019 distribution of these school supplies on August 2 and 3, 2019. On these two days, more than 2,000 families will visit our church campus to receive the school supplies and vouchers for their children. Faith Lutheran will again offer our hospitality to those with significant financial need.
What can I do to sponsor a student?
It costs only $45.00 to provide each child with a comprehensive packet of school supplies and new clothing/shoes in line with their school’s uniform requirements. Please consider donating funds to the Back to School program for one or more students.
Donations of any amount can be contributed in one of two ways:
- Donate online! The CCSC website is a convenient way to give, and your gift can be designated to Back To School: www.ccschouston.org
- Donate through Faith Lutheran Church. Include your donation with your church offering. Designate “Back to School” on your check or offering envelope.
How can I help with this event?
Look for volunteer opportunities at the signup table on Sundays, or send us a note.
FAITH CAMP 2019
WEEK 1 – JULY 8-12 – WE DISCOVER
WEEK 2 – JULY 15-19 – WE EXPLORE
WEEK 3 – JULY 22-26 – WE SHARE
- Faith Camp is a 3-week Day Camp that is led by teenagers and mentored by adults
- For all kids age 5 through 6th Grade
- Early Bird discount before April 1, 2019 is $10/week.
- $130 per child, per week ($30 discount for families who sign up for all three weeks)
- The camp day is from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Before Care is available from 7:30 AM for $40 per week / After Care is available until 6:00 PM for $40 per week ($70 per week for both)
- Faith Camp is an action-packed week of music, games, arts, crafts, snacks, and fun – all relating to the Bible story of the day
- Friends are welcome and those who have never been to Faith Camp before will give you a $5 credit
Faith Camp Cancellation/Refund Policy: Registrations that cancel by March 31 will receive 100% of all fees paid. Registrations that cancel by May 1 will forfeit 50% of all fees paid. Registrations that cancel after May 1 will forfeit 100% of all fees paid. Campers canceling due to illness, with written doctor’s orders, will receive their entire camp fee less $25. Our cancellation policy has been created due to the increased demand for available camper space and to insure fairness to all who wish to attend Faith Camp.
Absences & Withdrawals: The Directors reserve the right to dismiss any camper whose influence and conduct becomes detrimental to the best interests of the program. No refunds will be made for dismissed campers or withdrawals. The only exception is for a withdrawal on doctor’s orders, in which case we will prorate a refund based on the remaining days of camp. We are a nonprofit organization and any forfeiture of deposits or fees will be put in our General Donation Fund.