If you’ve ever listened to a Bible teacher or pastor and wanted to stop that person and say, “But what about…?” or “I don’t understand,” then a Learning Group is for you! Preaching and teaching is one way communication. You listen while the speaker speaks. It’s fine for imparting knowledge, but not as effective for personal application as a Learning Group. In a Learning Group setting, you can ask questions, participate in a discussion of the text, and hear others share insights and illustrations of the truth you are trying to grasp. The Bible must be applied to your own personal situations and that happens best in small groups. All classes meet at 9:45 AM on Sundays.
Guests are always welcome in any of our Learning Groups. No experience or preparation is necessary. Come with questions and find a faith that works for your life!
Summer Learning Groups
Sundays this Summer @ 9:45 AM – 10:30 AM
You can view group information and sign up for a group here.
Adult Learning – We will gather in the Fellowship Hall every Sunday at 9:45 AM.
- May 27 – Update on Gulf Coast Synod’s Ministry – Bishop Mike Rinehart
- June 4 – Film Screening – “A Time for Burning”
- June 10 – “Deciding Your Healthcare” – Rev. Mary Browne
- June 17 – “My Testimony” – Evangeline Dai
- June 24 – Social Statement on Women and Justice – Kathy Patrick
- July 1 – Social Statement on Women and Justice – Kathy Patrick
- July 8 – Social Statement on Women and Justice – Kathy Patrick
- July 15 – Stories from the NYG
- July 22 – NYG Playback – Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber
- July 29 – NYG Playback – Rev. Tuhina Rasche