Stepping Out in Faith is our initiative and capital campaign to support evangelism, outreach and growth of the mission and ministry of Faith Lutheran Church and Day School through renovation of existing facilities providing renewal and prayerfully, growth of the Faith Day School. On February 21, 2010 our Faith Family voted unanimously to undertake a significant, generous investment in the future of Faith Lutheran Church and Day School over the next four years. As a result, Faith Family and Friends have joined in their commitment to this vision and Stepped Out In Faith…together!!
Restoration, Renovation, & Renewal
The Stepping Out in Faith capital campaign improvements are in full swing!
Thanks to the generous commitments during last year’s campaign, we have been able to complete renovations to the Day School, Fellowship Hall, Narthex and Sanctuary.
These include modifying the Sanctuary to better accommodate both the Gathering and Heritage services, installing a new sound board and video projection system and renovating the Fellowship Hall to provide a space for “Common Grounds,” a coffee area where members and guests can meet and catch up before and after the services. All of the buildings have a fresh coat of exterior paint and the Faith Center has a new roof.
If you have been to Faith recently you have no doubt noticed all the new campus signage to make our facility more user friendly to visitors. In addition to the new sound board and video projection system, we now have the capability to record and broadcast sermons on our website, or embed them in emails sent to the congregation so you can catch up on Pastor Kerry’s latest sermon whether you’re at home or around the globe!
Celebrating God’s Provision
Over the last year our renovations not only improved the physical attributes of Faith Lutheran Church and Day School but touch our fellowship activities, worship services, and overall visibility in the community – enhancing the Faith Experience as a whole! It is not enough to merely be good stewards of our buildings, but be faithful Christians willing to Step Out in Faith for the future of God’s Kingdom.
- The Day School returned to their new facility with an increased enrollment for the Fall.
- Faith Camp 2011 was held for three weeks during the summer and hosted over 120 children from our community.
- CCSC held their annual “Back to School” event in the Faith Center that served over 4,000 families in the Houston area.
- We are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Faith House ministry, still serving people from around the nation at their time of deepest need.
- We continue to house recovery ministries in our facility on a weekly basis, giving families of our community a Safe Haven for Faith, Hope and Love.
Where Is God Leading Us Now?
We have a number of upcoming projects that will finish Phases I and II of the Stepping Out in Faith capital campaign:
Repairing and resurfacing the parking lot and installing new light poles.
- Restoring the exterior wood surrounding the stained glass in the Sanctuary, which will involve asbestos remediation of the old caulk.
Replacing our Bellaire monument sign with a new, changeable message sign. Painting the interior of Faith Center classrooms as well as replacing ceiling tile and flooring.
- Painting the interior and replacing the carpet in the church offices and classrooms.
- Repair the dry rot in the laminated wood beam above the altar.
The congregation’s continued support and generosity is needed to finish these projects and conclude Phases I and II.
Your Role in God’s Plan
Thanks to all of you for your faithful giving and thanks for all that you do to make Faith Lutheran so alive and so important to the world.
Just a reminder…when making your payments, please either note your commitment on the “Building Fund” line of your Offertory Envelope, or simply reference “Building Fund” on the memo line of your check.
Capital Campaign Chairperson