Faith Lutheran Church will be here for the Bellaire community when the work to rebuild begins. We will be organizing and mobilizing volunteers to help when it is safe.
Until then, we will all keep praying and gathering whatever information we can on how to be helpful. If you are in need of help you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the church, 713-664-3048.
For Flooded Residents
- If your home has flooded and will need mucking out, the Gulf Coast Synod has partnered with other organizations and agencies through Crisis Cleanup. Flooded residents can register for a volunteer team to come muck out their homes. Please help us get this number to the people in our communities who need it! (When the time comes for response and clean up work, if your church would like to send out muck-out teams, we will be helping to coordinate efforts when that time arrives). Watch http://gulfcoastsynod.org/hurricane-harvey for updates.
- Financial gifts are more helpful than gifts of goods right now. Financial resources are portable and used for many different purposes. Consider donating to the Gulf Coast Synod Disaster Fund (to help congregations and their people get back on their feet and serve their neighborhoods http://gulfcoastsynod.org/Hurricane-Harvey) and to Lutheran Disaster Response (for case management).
- Jazz Sunday will be our guest musicians at services on Sunday, September 3.
- Launch Day activities will take place on Sunday, September 10.
- Creating a Family Technology Plan will take place on Sunday, September 24.